I am a creative professional with many years experience in web and UI design. Individually, and as part of a team, I have designed for small to large projects and for several high-profile, national brands, both in-house and with agencies.
SKILLS & Experience
- HTML5 / HTML4
- CSS 3 / CSS 2
- UI / UX
- Typography / Color Theory
- Site Mapping
Gold Adrian Award for Web Design – Colonial Williamsburg Website
Silver Adrian Award for Web Design – Park Gate Lodges at Yellowstone
Bronze Adrian Award for Web Design – Sequoia National Park
Platinum Marcom Award for Web Design – Tenaya Lodge
Silver Addy Award for Web Design – Marriott Paradise Hotels
Lead UI/UX Designer
Nov 2016 – present
The SSL Store, St. Petersburg, FL.
Jul 2015 – Nov 2015
Foundry119, Tampa, FL. An emerging, full-service marketing and advertising agency bridging the gap between traditional and digital.
- Designed high-fidelity web and mobile designs, interactive wireframes/prototypes, IA/process flows, and paper prototypes.
- Collaborated with, and synthesized feedback from Creative Director, other designers, managers and developers.
- Performed A/B tests, heuristics analysis, researched interaction design trends and best practices.
- Managed WordPress websites, including theme research and modification / customization; plugin research, install and configuration, form creation and configuration.
- Identity, website and product design for Big Storm Brewery.
Jan 2012–Jul 2015
Ideate Interactive, Tampa, FL. A small, cross-functional team of designer/developers specializing in WordPress web design and development for clients of all industries.
- Lead designer on all projects. Includes meeting with clients and client line of business leaders, discussing their vision and ideas and creating compelling digital experiences within budget, technical and and project timeline restraints.
- Adept at creating aesthetically compelling interface designs that meet strategic objectives, while maintaining aesthetic appeal in interactive layout and design, color and typography usage.
- Involved in all aspects of business development and management, writing proposals and estimates, conducting stakeholder discovery interviews, defining functional requirements, budgeting and scheduling, client relationship management and quality assurance.
- Ensuring all creative deliverables are optimized from the end user point of view. Occasional production of competitive analysis, heuristic analysis, demographic usability best practices, production of site maps and high and low-fidelity wireframes.
- Managing remote developers, providing quality control on all completed projects to ensure design and production accuracy.
- Front-end support, HTML/CSS development, and editing using Firebug and WordPress.
- Implementing on-site SEO, integrating keywords into content and architecture, titles, link text, metadata, alt tags, page URLs, image file names, etc.
- Worked with agencies and directly with small to medium-sized companies producing WordPress websites in such industries as architecture, automotive, insurance, medical, creative, etc.
Freelance Web Designer
Feb 2003–Jan 2012
- Created precise, beautiful, hi-fi mockups/PSDs for production.
- Developed brand and usage guidelines for Tenaya Lodge and Colonial Williamsburg
- Worked as a consultant to Ypartnership and other agencies in the Orlando area as sole interactive designer on many high-profile projects in the hospitality, travel and desination industries.
- Collaborated with project managers and internal staff in the design process. Participated in conference calls and in-person meetings with key stakeholders and business leaders in the iterative process of change management.
- Created numerous Flash ads with animation, illustration and motion design. Created two interactive maps that consumed XML feed for fully dynamic presentation of data. Included Actionscripting.
- Participated in FAM (“Familiarization”) trips for Colonial Williamsburg and Cozumel to assist in becoming familiar with the destination prior to design.
- Front-end development with HTML 4/tables, CSS, Flash, Actionscript.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful with ability to handle multiple projects
- Committed team player with good communication skills
- Very detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated, strong written skills
- Projects: 1st Life Financial/ISG, 3PV, Audubon Condos, Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Campus Crusade for Christ, Clark Pinnacle, Colonial Williamsburg, Columbia Residential, Cozumel Visitor’s Bureau, Daniel Dill Law, Days Suites at Old Town, Daytona Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau, Design Shop Group of Companies, Disney Media Lab, Disney Sales and Travel Operations, Employment Technologies, Experts2Hawaii, Fort Belvoir Residential Communities, Fort Benning Military Family Community, Gatorland, Gibson Mortgage Group, Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau, Harris, Harris, Bauerle & Sharma, Larry Stuart Hospitality, Marriott Caribbean & Mexico Resorts, Monterey Bay Residential Communities, National Association of Women Business Owners, Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, Pinnacle, an American Management Serices Company, Quest Technologies, Sage Resort Orlando, San Diego Naval Station/Pacific Beacon, Solivita, Tenaya Lodge, Van Gogh Vodka, Yosemite National Park.
- Agencies: YPartnership/MMGY, .Com Marketing, CCH Marketing, Fry, Hammond & Barr.
Director of Web Design and Development
April, 2000–Jan, 2003
E-Site Marketing, Bethesda, MD. An internet marketing company specializing in online business solutions exclusively for the hospitality industry. Bought by Sabre Hospitality Solutions in 2007.
- Designed and developed a number of websites, from concept to launch, as well as managed a small team as design lead. Oversaw the company’s project portfolio to ensure resources were being utilized appropriately. Provided direction to team members by establishing objectives, assigning responsibility, and tracking progress against measurable goals. Managed day-to-day issues, met regularly with senior staff and client line of business leaders.
Rdental.com, Bethesda, MD. An internet start-up dedicated to consumer dental health information, and online continuing education for dental professionals.
- Managed designers and developers in the maintenance of the website. Responsible for the approval of all content and graphics before posting. Managed the change request process, wrote technical requirements documents, proposals, website usability studies, wireframes and architecture documentation. Site maintenance activities, such as content management, graphics production, link management, ad management and help desk assistance. Redesigned numerous new features, ads and web pages. Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop. Programming: HTML, XML, ASP/VBScript.
The Iron Yard – Front-end Engineering – 3 month full-time intensive class – April, 2015
New York University. New York, NY. – English Literature with minor in Creative Writing.
Other Education / Training
Online Course: Mobile User Experience Design (with a Top 10% Distinction) – Interaction-Design.org.
Day of User Experience Design – Tampa Bay UX Group – Led by 352 Media.
Tampa SEO Training Academy – Week-long certified course.